Thursday, May 23, 2013

A whole new world!


The first impression of Ireland was while our plane was landing. I was fortunate enough to get a window seat. It was early morning and as we came closer to land I could see the country side of Ireland. It was beautiful took my breath away. Then we went to the cliffts of monnr which were also breathtaking. This is a hard country to explain its buety and simplicity is so amazing and really helps calm and allow others to reilize material things don't matter as much as Americans do. The second day we went into Sligo and learned more about the town and actually found our way the second try around.Sligo was a cute little town very colorful but also sad to see many stores going out of buissness because the ressision has hit Ireland harder that us back in the us.

The language here is also impressive and intreaging. It is part gallick and part English slered together. We also went to a pub at night to listen to traditional Irish music! It was great I liked the soft tunes and loved that older men and woman came on and played at a table in the pub.

The first three words that I thought after my first day in Ireland was buety, kindness, and spiritual. Looking forward to seeing what else can, earn about myself and the culture with in the next weeks here in Ireland.


My programs orientation was great. I walked in and was introduced to everyone. Many service users were walking by and saying hello! It room was full of are work that all the service users have made in classes that they have chooses to take. There was a music class waiting in the other room with drums that they individually had made. Once we walked through the doors to the room all of the service users stood up and clapped for me I felt so welcome then the teacher lead them in there song which was pleasant! They played two songs for us. They were so happy we loved there songs.
The service users we're kind and told me I was welcome again. I loved the enviorment and can't wait to start tomorrow.

The service users at my placements rang in age from 35 to 70. Many have Downs syndrom. Some are more verbal than others however they all seemed extreamly happy and loving.

The three things that stood out was the large age difference and the differences in abilities. Many of the male service users were cute and told me how cute I was and that they were so happy to have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment